Friday, June 5, 2015

2016 Youth Pride Day & Stonewall Conference

Daja Moorer
Youth Pride Day as a whole was a success. Planning Youth Pride was fun especially when it became competitive with the buttons, shirts and slogans. Tyler was really helpful in giving us background about Youth Pride. Once the day came I was very excited for the day itself. Even though it rained we still had fun at the after party.

Lorenzo Brown 
My experience at the Stonewall was very eye opening. It opened my eyes to a whole new lifestyle in terms of the legislative part of the LGBTQ battle. I also found this conference was a chance to better my relationship with Ms. Tunde. Overall, the experience was great and was more of a refresher than Youth Pride Day

Rebecca Akhigbe
This past Saturday I attended the Stonewall conference. The first session I attended was how to be an ally. This session discussed such topics as North Carolina Schools and how their system chooses to operate based around how one see’s themselves (their sex). During this session I was able to view and evaluate different personal stories about teen’s battles in North Carolina and publicly sharing their sex. It really surprised me how their school system is different. Also how more severe the treatment towards them for identity as a certain sex are treated to my school

No comments:

Post a Comment