Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Youth Pride Day 2015

On May 2, 2015, YAC members were able to participate in Youth Pride Day and cater to their fellow peers and community members. Please read as some of them share their reflections below:

Lorenzo Brown
Youth Pride Day was very eye-opening. The day was very fun. When you say LGBTQ, every category was there. The festive was very diverse and more of a “melting pot” of pride. Everyone was friendly and open. We provided lots of information on how the YAC helps the adolescent community. Everyone was in high spirits and it was a great turnout.

Shayla Foster
Youth Pride Day was fun. We had lot of time to learn and lots of time to work and talk to people. I think the best part was spray painting t-shirts with my Y.A.C. members. Youth Pride Day was a great idea for a platform of empowering children who want and need support. I saw many children who were very proud and happy about themselves. I think that the program is a great idea. The activities were very fun and they related with the topics of the event. I have many new information and knowledge on the topic of safe places, testing places, camps, programs, and hotlines.

Jamari Jackson
When going in to YPD, I was kind of nervous and skeptical of how it was going to go. When arriving all of my previous thoughts changed. The setup around the circle was very good and if I was a participant of the YPD, I would have been pleased and excited to enjoy the event. While being at the event, running the various tables, I was never bored. It was a pleasure for me to help the participants that came that day because it was a joy to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment