Friday, November 20, 2015

the YAC 2015-16

Rahel Gebre

This year was my first year being a member of the YAC. To be completely honest, it met my expectation and sometimes went above. I had the opportunity to meet many amazing new people. I loved how we, the teens, were in charge of coming up with ideas about how we wasn’t our workshops to look like and what we want to be educated about. If I were to do this year over, I wouldn’t change anything except talk and participate more, w
hich I plan on doing more of next year. To sum up, I love the YAC, I just feel like we are one big happy family who meet every Wednesday, eat pizza, educate each other and laugh.

Abriana Luke-Scales

My final YAC year is completed. It’s been a very long 5 years. I’ve learned so much and met so many people. I’ve been able to interact with so many different types of people. I enjoy helping people. Thank you for the opportunity.

Da'Quaye Wells

This YAC year was very successful. The topics we discussed taught me a lot. The YAC members made the meetings and events fun to attend. I really loved the weekly food, I am very grateful for it. The meetings did a great job at education me on various topics such as all of the sexual health information, banking/saving information, and mental health. I am thankful for the very supportive YAC coordinators I’m glad I could interact with some of them on a personal level such as Ms. Dominique with my French help outside if school.


No comments:

Post a Comment