Monday, July 14, 2014

Nadja Theodore's YAC reflection

Nadja Theadore-
This year at YAC was amazing! I spent an entire year with two amazing women that are now family to me. I am so blessed to have had the opportunity to do the YAC program, I learned a lot. I not only learned about the importance of strapping up and being protected from sexually transmitted infections but, also I learned the value of a family. Ms. Sombo and Ms. Latonia looked out for ma all throughout the YAC year. They were understanding of other obligations and were always in support. This YAC year my favorite event was doing outreach. I was always keen to do outreach out Gallery Place because I met so many people and I was always able to hand out all of my health packets. I also enjoyed Youth Pride Day, which was my favorite; I was able to say that I was an ally of the LGBTQ community and to show that they are not alone. I enjoyed everything about YAC especially the pizza and wings. Ms. Latonia also knows the other day that I enjoyed. LOL. I hope the YAC program continues to be supervised by Ms. Latonia and Ms. Sombo they are great it fits them. I love the YAC program; I wish I had another year to do it.    

No comments:

Post a Comment