Monday, July 21, 2014

Chidimma's YAC Reflection


Chidimma-

            
                 My experience at YAC was great. I was able to learn new things and meet new people. The one event I enjoyed the most at YAC was doing outreaches. As I walked down the street on Gallery and interacted with other about the ways to have safe sex made me feel as though I was making a difference. Not many youth have a chance to be heard, so being part of YAC allowed me to have a voice. I was able to go out into the community and spread to the youth on how to live a healthy life. During my time at YAC, I met new people who came up with great and creative ideas at the YAC sessions. Another event I enjoyed was Youth Pride Day. I have never attended Youth Pride Day before. In this event, everyone was able to express their selves and not be judged. At this event I saw many new faces and had great conversations with them. Being part of YAC has allowed me to be more open, less judgmental, and have better speaking skills. I am very grateful that I was chosen to be part of YAC. I am going to really miss it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment